Nicaragua en mi alma...

Monday, August 9, 2010

So, I am finally getting around to blogging my Nica missions trip! It's been very hard adjusting back to everyday life. Don't get me wrong, I want to be with my husband, my family, and my friends. But, I also want to be in Central America....my heart is torn. I know that this is not the last trip I will take to Nica, but I miss all the people that we worked with so much.

For me, this trip was a bit different than my 2 other Honduran ventures. In Nica, our team worked with the young people from an amazing church called, La Roca! When our two teams joined together, we were split  into the same 4 groups everyday...this allowed us to form some tight bonds! My group was the bomb! (or "la bomba"!) I so enjoyed working with them, seeing their passion and dedication for God, and hearing their stories. The whole group from La Roca served us, loved us, and accepted us like we were one of them. When we went out evangelizing in different communities, they always made sure we had first chance to talk to the people. Recently, I was talking with my new friend Linda (from La Roca) telling her that our team felt as though we received so much more than we gave. She said "we usually feel like that when we have been serving with all of our souls."

There was something different about Nica (spiritually) than in Honduras. God is definitely on the move in Honduras, but I noticed how much the Holy Spirit had been sowing into the hearts of the people we met. It's like they were ready to receive and hear what God was speaking to them at that moment. Most people are typically receptive to the Gospel in Central America, but it was on a different level in Nicaragua.

Okay, so enough writing huh? On to the pictures...

Here is our awesome team from New Hope!
IMG_2647


IMG_2898
IMG_2914
IMG_2919
IMG_2901


Eating contests! These always draw the crowd!
IMG_2918
IMG_2926


Pastor James Pursiful preaching at a service at La Roca
IMG_2974
IMG_2976


one of my favorite images from the trip...
IMG_2990
IMG_2975
IMG_2989


Mi hermanas! (in my group)
IMG_2982


Volcan Masaya
IMG_3032


Linda translating for Pastor Brad....*thank you for giving so much to us, Linda!!
IMG_3083
IMG_3090


My team mate, Michael Conway, preaching on our last night! His dream is to be a missionary in South America...this was only the beginning!
IMG_3141


Group 1 forever!!
IMG_3152

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Haley! I am LOVING it!

amish baby crib said...

I really adore your every photo. I still can't believe how you captured all those images. Among all those photos, the most amazing photo for me was the image of rocky mountain.