Whitley and Lanning Families = Awesome!

Friday, July 31, 2009

I was so nervous for this shoot! I admit I do have nerves before every shoot that I do. Right before, I have all these thoughts like "what if I can't come up with anything creative?" or "what if something happens and I can't get my equipment to work right?" but, it's even more nerve-racking when you are photographing another photographer! Candice and Daniel make up The Beautiful Mess. I'm sure you've heard me talk about them before on the blog. They are such a fun and generous couple, making a great team in life and in photography. I was honored when Candice told me her mom wanted some family portraits and wondered if I would be up for it. YES! If you follow their blog, you may know that Candice and Daniel are in the process of adopting a baby (hello, they keep getting cooler in my book!) so her mom really wanted to capture the family as they are before the grandchild comes into the picture. We had a blast! Or, at least I did and they were pretending for my sake :) No, really they had me laughing so hard just seeing all their personalities working together. They are so open and relaxed in each other's company.

Hope you all enjoy the eye candy below (tried to include lots of it!). It was a privilege to hang with you guys! Everyone, check out Candice and Daniel's work...you won't be disappointed! Plus, Candice just came back from a rockstar of a workshop so if you thought they were slammin' before, they are about to be over the top!

Their idea, and I love it!
IMG_1608
IMG_1651
IMG_1671
IMG_1710
IMG_1714
IMG_1733
IMG_1619
IMG_1632

MAMACITA!
IMG_1696
IMG_1747
IMG_1808
IMG_1815

What did the Brown Chicken say to the Brown Cow? BROWNCHICKENBROWNCOW (hehe, get it?)
IMG_1831

No, really...I can't decide...black and white or color?
IMG_1831-2
IMG_1881

8 comments:

Candice {The Beautiful Mess} said...

That is one good-looking and FUN family!!!

Haley we are SO SO SO pleased! Thanks for making my family laugh SO much! We'll come back again and again!!

Charlotte Wedding Planner said...

Gorgeous! Candice you and the hubs are looking mighty fine in the browncow shots. :)

Anonymous said...

Great images Haley! I especially love the first one with the balloons and both the ones of Candice and Daniel!

Wendy- blue lily said...

Now THAT is a wonderful session and an awesome location! Well done indeed.

danlanning said...

awesome stuff, haley! we had such a fun time...can't wait to see them all!

amy free said...

You knocked this OUT OF THE PARK!!!! Love this and I can't believe just how must Candice and her mom look alike - both gorgeous!!! Way to go girl.

Meredith Huntley said...

WOW. These are so fabulous!

Jessica said...

After reading that Candice and Daniel were doing a family session with you, I could not help but wander over to your blog. I must say, your work is impressive! I love this shoot. They are a beautiful family. Candice and Daniel are so adorable! I love their shots, and I cannot pick color or B&W in that one either. They are both ULTRA FAB!