Receiving Gifts

Friday, January 2, 2009

God bless Dr. Gary Chapman for his book "The 5 Love Languages". Even though it's kinda hard to admit, I believe my love language is "receiving gifts". That's why at Christmas time, even though I realize that the reason for the season is not solely based on gift-giving, it excites me so much! I still feel like a kid ready to run down the stairs at my parents house on Christmas morning anxious to see everything that awaits us! I'm so grateful to receive the things I have gotten this year. I wanted to showcase just a few of the cool gifts I received this Christmas.....

IMG_6425

piece of furniture for my "half-office"
IMG_6426

IMG_6427

scarves were the thing this year!
IMG_6428
IMG_6431
IMG_6432

new TV/Media stand from my parents
IMG_6434

I've wanted these beads for such a long time. They are kinda pricey, but only b/c they are made from Ugandan women and most of the proceeds from the beads goes back to them for their income
IMG_6437

something else I've wanted for a long time....in this globe each country is shaped out of their native stone
IMG_6439

a framed map of St. Simons Island
IMG_6441

and last, but not least...a custom art piece from my great aunt
IMG_6442

okay, now stay tuned to the next blog post to see how I love to give back!

0 comments: